September 1, 2014

LANCOME Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate



Well, this is an older version of the serum, which they updated to Advanced Genifique. The ingredients still are pretty much the same, especially high concentration of alcohol and lack of skin beneficial ingredients. So I thought to through in this review anyway, but I will try to make it shorter.

Packaging/Pricing: 

30ml (1fl.oz) Packaging is rather hygienic and with opaque bottle will keep ingredients rather safe. Pricing is outrageous (especially for what you actually get) at ~70-80$ US. I generally find most of Lancome skincare quite useless. If you want something luxurious and pricey, better check out Estee Lauder (though nothing that comes in a jar!!).

 

Ingredients:


Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Yeast Extract, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodecanol, Citrinellol, Fragrance.

Excellent (only beneficial ingredients, proven research)
Good (mostly beneficial, not extensive research or just not quite outstanding properties)
OK (mostly thickeners, emulsifiers, mild preservatives, pH adjusters, all that is necessary, but not a skincare per se) 
Bad (irritants and anything bad that shouldn't be in skincare, usually fragrance)

 

Discussion:

This is slightly emollient serum with glycerin and hyaluronic acid to prevent moisture loss. It does have Vit C (not very concentrated though), but that's it. Yest extract (which I marked in green kind of against my wish) has no research that proves
it has any effect on genes as company claims. It is also rather weak antioxidant. This formula has rather high concentration of alcohol which will do no good to your skin (it will only bring irritation and dry out your skin). While I was trying it out I could really detect the scent of alcohol and was hoping that I wouldn't damage my skin. As you can see from the picture I has a sample (actually I had 4 of those which equals to full size bottle), but I didn't use it up. Except the fact that it slightly tightens your skin because of alcohol evaporating, it didn't moisturise enough for me. It didn't feel too bad though, but for the price I recommend everyone to pass on this one and the new Advanced version as well. 2,5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment