September 4, 2014

Hair Care: Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

 

 
You will not find many hair products review for several reasons. First, I am mainly obsessed with skincare, which I find more important to be informed in and definitely more fascinating. Second, it almost impossible to predict whether the product will work out for you judging by ingredient list. Unfortunately it all comes down to personal experience. Also I have to mention that there is not much difference between professional products and affordable choices. Most of the times they are manufactured by the same companies (like L'Oreal). Also important piece of information to keep in mind is that hair is dead, and no ingredients can really penetrate it. It all comes down to personal preferences.


So this kind of posts with focus on brief overview of products, mainly based on how well product works on my hair type (which is normal to dry, long curly hair).

I do like to try out different "organic" hair products. I do find that sulfate free shampoos are more gentle on my scalp, as well as doesn't dry out my hair as much. Unfortunately, I didn't like these products. Shampoo didn't clean my hair properly, living it a bit dull and flat. Conditioner didn't moisturise enough, making hair a bit less manageable than usual. I do use silicone and oil based hair serums afterwords to make hair easy to comb through as well as look less frizzy. So I actually like a little bit of silicone in my conditioner. The perfect example of semi-organic conditioner is one by Organix brand, which is not loaded with harsh surfactants, but still keeps my hair manageable. They are priced similarly ~8$ US. And Organix products scented way better than Yes to Blueberries offerings.


I can recommend this shampoo to people with short hair, who have to wash it every day. This will be nice gentle option. But that's it.

For anyone wondering, I do have ingredient lists below:

Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair Shampoo Ingredients

Yes to Blueberries Healthy Hair Repair Conditioner Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment