September 2, 2014

NOW solutions Vitamin C and Manuka Honey Gel Cleanser

"NOW foods" is an amazing company on organic/natural care market. They make vitamins, supplements, essential and basic oils, body, hair and skin care.  I believe they do not get as much love as they deserve. Their skin care is wonderfully formulated by someone who really knows his/her cosmetics chemistry. Their products are never in a jar packaging, never have essential oils that irritate skin, always have blend of antioxidants, skin identical ingredients and cell-communicating ingredients. What a joy! Few minor complaints I have though: they do not have sunscreens and some of their products do have fragrance (which is not necessary in skincare and can be irritating).



Product I would like to review today is a cleanser from their Vitamin C range. I am on a look out for gentle non-striping face wash. My skin is normal to dry and I find most of cleansers I've tried too harsh. I do not have a lot of requirements regarding my face wash. I would like it to gently clean my face. Since cleanser stays on my face for 30 seconds only and then goes down the drain, I am not looking for antioxidants and such. Most of good ingredients will not have time to work!  I usually take off my make-up with cleansing oils, but I still like to follow with face wash to remove traces of make-up as well as traces of cleansing oil. So anything not mild enough is not OK for double cleansing. And in the morning I don't really need anything striping as well.

I used Cetaphil and CeraVe gentle cleansers for years, but I got bored (to be honest =))) So I switched to this one. A do not like fragrance in anything that stays on my face. But I little bit of aroma therapy with face wash is good! It foams lightly, doesn't dry out my skin and smells like orange juice/fanta. The scent may be a bit cheap, but not offensive in any way. The consistency is very liquidy, not really a gel, so be careful when pouring product out!

Packaging/Pricing: 

237ml (8fl.oz) I realize that packaging may not be everyone's cup of tea. Again, it is an affordable product. But label doesn't come off in the shower, and I do find simple white bottle quite appealing. The price is good as well: 7-9$ US. You can find this brand in lots of whole food stores or IHERB.com

Ingredients:

Water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, lauryl glucoside, sodium coco-sulfate, glycerin, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), glucose & lactoperoxidase & glucose oxidase, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vit C), manuka honey, allantoin, panthenol, niacinamide (Vit B3), tocopherol (Vit E) (soy), olea europaea (olive) oil (extra virgin), orange-grapefruit aroma, citric acid.


Discussion:

As I mentioned above, I am not as picky when it comes to face washes. But still
the ingredient list is outstanding!

Verdict:

Love it! Would I repurchase? Yes, and I am on my 3rd bottle. Would I recommend? Yes, if you do not have extremely oily skin and looking for something gentle and budget friendly. 5 out of 5.

P.S.: All products are cruelty free =))

No comments:

Post a Comment