December 4, 2014

Hair Care: Organix (OGX) Nutritional Acai Berry Avocado Shampoo and Conditioner



Today is a short post about my favourite hair care combination. I have mentioned in my first hair care review post, that unfortunately, it is almost impossible to say whether shampoo/conditioner will work out for you just by looking at the list of ingredients. You have to try out products to find one suited for your hair. There are just few rules I follow when I buy hair care products:
  • Sodium Lauryl Sulfate free shampoo is my choice, since this particular type of surfactant is the most harsh and drying, and my hair being on the dry side can not tolerate it (this ingredient can irritate scalp as well);
  • It is best to avoid essential oils, they can be irritating for the scalp;
  • Most shampoos and conditioners are formulated identical, so 30$ shampoo will not work better than 6$ one, so I stick with drugstore options;
  • Unfortunately, silicone free conditioners do not work for my curly hair, I need some help to be able to comb my hair through without pain involved. I have tried numerous organic silicone free conditioners, and they didn't work, so now I choose regular ones (if you want to go silicone free and it works for your hair, there is nothing wrong with it).
This particular brand has been my favourite for the past three years. Most of their products I really like, and products from Acai Berry Avocado line have been my favourite. Shampoo is gentle enough, but it foams well and cleans thoroughly. Conditioner does have silicons in it, but they are present in lower concentration than in many other conditioners (such as L'Oreal or Pantene ones), so it is a happy medium. Overall this combination just works for my hair type and my needs. Both products smell very pleasant (something like berry juice) and are inexpensive (~7-8$ at most drugstores).

No comments:

Post a Comment